Never grow up

"It kills you to see them grow up, but I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't."- Barbara Kingsolver.  

That statement sums up so much for me.  I would give anything (I mean ANYTHING) to watch Ava grow up.  Her childhood was stolen from me.  There is no first day of kindergarten or learning how to ride a bike.  She won't get to drive a car or go on a date.  There is no walking her down the aisle or watching her become a mother. 

I used to be that parent that got a little heartbroken as their child grew.  As we continue on without Ava I see now just how lucky parents are that get to experience each milestone with their child.  Do you really wish your child would stop growing?  Think about that for a minute...  

Ava stopped growing and she will always be five years old.  No longer here on earth with us but in heaven.

Cherish each new phase with your child and don't be sad to watch them grow.  Think about just how fortunate you are to have them with you. 

Comments
2 Responses to “Never grow up”
  1. Unknown says:

    your family has been on my mind and heart a lot lately.

  2. Unknown says:

    I love Barbara Kingsolver. I am so sorry for your loss. Not that it makes it any better but you were meant to be Ava's mommy and she was meant to be your little girl. My heart goes out to you and your loss. Happy Mother's day as Ava watches you from heaven and as you spend your day celebrating with Myla.

Leave A Comment

Powered by Blogger.